Friday 16 May 2008

The most unwanted call is finally coming!

This morning, around 1.20am, I received two phone calls from supporters and told me that fire is raging a house located at Kinta Lane in my constituency.

I had to wake up and drove to the spot at the first available time. Four fire engines from Beach Street, Perak Road and Paya Terubong respectively were there to rescue fire.

The Fire and Rescue Department received the call at 1.12am and 21 firefighters were deployed there. This is an empty house without resident living in. We suspect the fire was due to the drug addict's activities in this house.

However, the fire was put off around 1.45am. As I told to the press at the spot, there are a lot of empty houses with their owners unknown in the Georgetown, which is approximately up to 400 houses.

I said the owner has to take steps to refurbish the premises and either rent or sell to the interested persons. Even there are certain laws provide us the power to take over the house, but this is improper for government to do so.

I hope the owner will take serious attention to their own premises. If not, I think I have to wait for such unwanted calls in future countless nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home